Software Helpdesk / Application Support
We are looking for an experienced Application Support person to become the 'Go-To' person for our software platform called Engage. Working within the Development Team supporting internal and external queries, you'll help resolve any issue a client or Ubiquity employee may be having. When staff have questions about using Engage or find bugs within the product you'll be right there to help them out. When clients ask about their database, you'll look to resolve their query or go to the relevant PM and discuss the issue with them.
You'll need the have the highest attention to detail, patience and a very logical mind in order to clarify what the issue is and solve it. You'll also need to be able to learn and understand the technologies that are 'under the hood', and will therefore have experience in using complex software. It is important you quickly pick up on the ins and outs of this software, so that when someone says "I wonder how we might be able to…" you'll be able to say "You know, I think it could be done like this…"
Of course this is a quality product, and therefore you won't be on support queries all the time. Some of your time will be spent outlining release notes to our Project Managers and Account Managers, updating our help site, as well as documenting new processes. In between you'll help the Testing Team test new product features or enhancements in order to help keep Engage on the leading edge!
To be right for this position, you will:
- Have 2 years experience working in a similar support role with complex software, with a strong focus on IT support
- Have good documentation experience with strong writing skills, producing clear and concise information
- Have good experience with software releases and the sharing of release information
- Be able to prioritise support queries, working on the most urgent ones first
- Be highly organised and efficient, ensuring all queries are resolved quickly and that no query slips through the cracks
- Have strong verbal communication skills, and a polite and helpful mind-set
- Be proactive in looking to improve current processes in order to increase efficiency and improve the support process for our clients
You must be in Auckland to apply and have PR or citizenship.