Think helicopter. You have a big picture view, yet dart into the detail at various points. You start by interviewing clients and our internal project managers to understand the business problem. You then create and design an effective forward thinking solution. You document the road map, pass the design and transfer the knowledge to the software developers. You manage change requests, expectations and resolve queries. You then test the completed solution or manage the software testers. Quality control excites you.
This role is both rewarding and challenging; there are limitless business problems and a wide variety of potential solutions. It's rewarding to first be able to understand a business problem and then to design an effective software solution and manage the entire development process.
You’ll need to be:
- comfortable meeting and working with all types of personality; from people on the shop floor up a CEO and with IT specialists
- experienced considering things like; budgets, time, security, resources, people, risks, integration and how people will use the solution, as well as calculate the time and cost of the solution
- able to understand and document business processes – what happens when, how and why, as well as write proposals, functional and technical specifications, user interface guides and testscripts
- brilliant at getting complex information across as clearly as possible, ensuring that nothing has been missed that could jeopardise the success of the project.
- The key thing is to ensure that the solution is successful – it actually solves the business problem. The client uses it, it's easy to use and it does what it set out to do. A lot of IT projects fail – often they do what they said they would but it's too complex, too hard to use, buggy or slow. Your badge of honour will be to make sure that doesn't happen!
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- at least 2-3 years in a similar role; as a BA designing software solutions
- outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- a big picture outlook while also being highly detailed
Who are we?
We are a Kiwi grown software company, a leader in the digital marketing space, providing some of NZ's leading organisations the latest technologies and trends in multi-channel marketing. We work with an impressive list of clients on the most exciting brands and projects
You'll work with a fabulously supportive social team and with some of NZ's leading organisations on the most exciting brands and projects.